What Are Essential Oils?
Essential oils are basically plant extracts. They’re made by steaming or pressing various parts of a plant (flowers, bark, leaves or fruit) to capture the compounds that produce fragrance. It can take several pounds of a plant to produce a single bottle of essential oil. In addition to creating scent, essential oils perform other functions in plants, too.
The most common way to use essential oils is to inhale them using a diffuser or humidifier. You can also dilute essential oils with a carrier oil and apply it directly your skin. It is important to note that most essential oils cannot be applied directly to the skin without being diluted. If you’re going to apply it topically to the skin, the essential oil should be diluted in what’s known as a carrier oil, such as coconut oil, because applying the essential oil in its concentrated form to the skin can cause significant irritation.
What Is Aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy is the practice of using essential oils for therapeutic benefit. It has been used for centuries and is an effective way to treat an enormous variety of ailments. When inhaled, the scent molecules in essential oils travel from the olfactory nerves directly to the brain and especially impact the amygdala, the emotional center of the brain.
Essential oils can also be absorbed by the skin. A massage therapist might add a drop or two of peppermint to oil to help relax tight muscles during a rubdown. Or a skincare company like Amassuna add essential oils to all of their skincare range. Essential oils are primarily used in natural cosmetics due to their anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral properties. They also serve as natural preserving agents. Alongside all these benefits, essential oils have a positive effect on the human organism.
Below are some examples of essential oils and their benefits;
Improve Mood and Set a Positive Atmosphere
Scents are powerful stimulators that directly enter the brain, triggering intense emotional responses. By inhaling essential oils, your brain will signal certain emotions that can leave you feeling energized, optimistic, and hopeful. You can use Amassuna diffuser to create a positive atmosphere inside your home.
- Eucalyptus essential oil:Is a natural stimulant, can also help to improve your overall mood.
- jasmine essential oil:Significantly reduce stress, enhance your overall mood and help make you more alert.
- Orange, jasmine, sandalwood, and vanilla essential oils: Enhance mood and promote feelings of optimism.
- Grapefruit essential oil:Can give you an energizing boost to help you start your day.
- Rosemary essential oil:Reduces stress and enhances positive feelings, also improves cognitive brain function. This oil is highly effective if you need to study for an exam or have a job interview.
Relaxation and Sleep
Studies have shown that aromatherapy is very useful in treating psychological disorders such as stress, depression, and anxiety. By using essential oils to stimulate positive signals in your brain, you can significantly reduce negative emotional conditions.
- Lavender essential oil: Highly effective as an anxiety reducer, decrease in depression symptoms encourages relaxation of the mind, it can be a powerful sleep aid.
- Bergamot essential oil: is a natural anxiety remedy. It has been shown to encourage relaxation and lower blood pressure and heart rate. Bergamot essential oil can also slow down breathing patterns that tend to elevate during moments of anxiety.
- Clary sage essential oil: can reduce anxiety and depression significantly as well. It is a natural mild sedative that has even been shown to reduce seizures. Clary sage oil can balance hormone levels and is incredibly useful as a treatment for PMS symptoms.
Certain essential oils have powerful anti-inflammatory properties
Rosemary and eucalyptus essential oils: can reduce inflammation of the sinuses and throat associated with colds. These two oils can also open up congested airways and clear out clogged sinus passages.
- Thyme essential oil: is known for its potency as an anti-inflammatory. It’s been shown to reduce respiratory inflammation when inhaled.
Prevent Certain Illnesses and Boost the Immune System
Many essential oils have anti-fungal, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties that can prevent the development of certain illnesses. Aromatherapy can also improve the immune system, as essential oils that are breathed in enter the lungs and are then absorbed into the bloodstream.
Essential Oils to Boost the Immune System
- Eucalyptus, peppermint, and tea tree essential oils: can greatly prevent colds by keeping your passageways clear of congestion and bacteria.
- Cinnamon, eucalyptus, oregano, sage, and frankincense essential oils: have been shown to boost immune system function when inhaled.
- Tea tree essential oil: is a powerful antibacterial and anti-fungal that can prevent cuts and fungus from developing into severe infections.
- Clove essential oil: boost the immune system function.
Essential Oils used in Diffusers & Candles
Aromatherapy is an effective way to make your home smell wonderful. Amassuna diffuser can dramatically change the smell of your home. Apart from providing a pleasant smell, aromatherapy oils can provide respiratory disinfection, decongestant, and psychological benefits. Inhaling essential oils stimulates the olfactory system, the part of the brain connected to smell, including the the nose and the brain.
What is a diffuser?
A diffuser is a device that is used to disperse essential oils into the surrounding and can be placed on any surface of your home. The oil is absorbed through natural reeds, which gradually release the aroma for a beautiful ambience.
The Benefits of Amassuna Diffusers
- They have a natural calming aroma
- They don’t have synthetic fragrances
- Safe and easy to use
- Releases the fragrances gradually
- Environmentally friendly
- Handmade with pure essential oils
We hope that you found this information on the natural benefits of essential oils to be valuable. By understanding the many essential oils benefits, you can heal your mind and body in a completely safe and natural way.